You are what you eat. So what should you eat if you have acne prone skin? Dr. Ellen Marmur developed a signature Mediterranean salad to help fight back against your acne. Not only is the salad yummy, but it will also…
• Give you a wide variety of vitamins and minerals and amino acids and hydration that enhance absorption of the nutrition.
• Take away the “junk food temptation” at lunch time when you just don’t know what you want to eat.
• Provide hydration and fiber to keep your body in balance and enhance fat loss.
• Provide anti-acne fighters such as Vitamin C, zinc, copper and amino acids.
So without further ado, here are the signature ingredients to try for lunch/dinner…
1. Baby spinach or deep mixed greens, chopped
2. Cranberry or dried fruit or fresh seasonal fruit: blueberries, strawberries
3. Mushrooms, chick peas, sweet peas, black olives, chopped tomatoes, clementines, sunflower seeds
4. Tofu or seitan
5. Low-fat dressing tossed right before enjoying