Leg | Hand Rejuvenation
New York City Leg and Hand Rejuvenation at Marmur Medical
As New York City’s leading dermatology practice, we know that age-related sagging, wrinkles, and volume loss don’t only affect your face and neck. Getting older may cause you to struggle with unwanted reminders of how aging is impacting you when you look at your legs or hands.
Fortunately, renowned dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon Dr. Ellen Marmur and her skilled staff are proud of their ability to help their patients by offering cutting-edge leg and hand rejuvenation procedures. This page is your guide to minimally invasive leg and hand rejuvenation in New York City. If you have any questions, you can contact our knowledgeable skin care experts by calling 212-996-6900 or completing our online form today.
How Does Non-Surgical Leg and Hand Rejuvenation Work?
Many of our older patients tell us that they can’t lose weight as quickly as they used to when they were younger. One of the many side effects of the aging process is that your metabolism tends to slow down with age, making it easier to add a few extra pounds and harder to lose them. As a result, you may struggle with stubborn fat pockets on your legs. Combined with sagging skin around your knees and thighs, this unwanted fat can make you feel self-conscious about wearing your favorite shorts, skirts, and swimsuits.
As you age, you may also experience volume loss that can make the backs of your hands look bony. This phenomenon occurs as the skin thins and loses its youthful elasticity and resilience.
Many of Marmur Medical’s state of the art treatments address the hands, legs, or both:
- Restylane Lyft: Restylane is one of our favorite hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers. This smooth gel can deliver nearly immediate results when injected strategically into the backs of your hands, supplementing your body’s natural hyaluronic acid reserves for long-lasting results.
- Laser skin resurfacing: You may already be familiar with the benefits of lasers such as Fraxel or intense pulsed light therapy for renewing your facial appearance and removing concerns like discoloration or uneven skin texture. You’ll be excited to learn that these anti-aging laser treatments are also safe and gentle enough to use on your hands, arms, and legs, with minimal downtime.
- Thermage: Thermage is a unique technology that heats the dermis with radiofrequency energy to jump-start new collagen production. If you have sagging skin around your knees, we can perform a Thermage knee lift to make loose skin appear tighter and smoother.
- Allura laser-assisted liposuction: Many older adults find themselves with excess skin and fat on their inner or outer thighs. Laser-assisted liposuction with Allura is an innovative procedure that can simultaneously eliminate fat and tighten your skin.
- CoolSculpting: Millions of people worldwide have enjoyed outstanding slimming results with CoolSculpting. We use a specialized device to generate controlled cooling, freezing fat cells until they die off.
- Vanquish: If you’ve ever wished you could wave a magic wand to remove stubborn fat deposits, we have the next best thing with Vanquish. This body contouring technique uses state-of-the-art radiofrequency technology to slim and tone your thighs and other trouble zones without surgery or recovery time.
Proven Benefits of Leg and Hand Rejuvenation
In addition to improving your legs’ and hands’ appearance, our experts can provide the following advantages with these non-surgical procedures.
- Safe, effective, and rapid results
- More affordable than surgery
- No anesthesia risks
- Little to no downtime or disruption to your daily routine
- Zero demanding activity restrictions that interrupt your active lifestyle
- Quick, in-office techniques can occur on the same day as your initial consultation for maximum convenience
- CoolSculpting, Thermage, and Vanquish have all earned FDA approval for safety
Am I a Good Candidate for Leg and Hand Rejuvenation?
If you are in excellent overall health, at or near your target weight, and willing to maintain your results by following specific lifestyle changes, you are probably well-qualified for minimally invasive leg and hand rejuvenation. During your consultation, we will ask you questions about your health history to determine if you have any risk factors that might disqualify you from these procedures.
For ultimate safety, comfort, and satisfaction, it’s vital to seek the services of an experienced, trained provider. Don’t let the term “non-surgical” fool you into thinking anyone can perform these treatments. When you are considering changing your appearance in any way – no matter how minor it may seem to you – a well-established practice with many positive reviews is always your best choice.
What to Expect After Leg and Hand Rejuvenation
Side effects of these non-surgical procedures include minor bruising, redness, swelling, skin flaking, and tenderness around the treatment site. However, these tend to be much milder than the risks that can accompany surgical contouring and fat removal, which can include bleeding, infection, and an adverse reaction to the anesthesia used during the procedure.
If you choose to have body contouring performed, you can maintain your new look with a consistent nutrition and fitness regimen. People who get laser treatments should be aware that these procedures can make your skin much more photosensitive than usual, reversing the results for those who are not diligent about applying sunscreen.
If you’re planning to have non-surgical rejuvenation before an exciting event like a beach vacation or class reunion, keep timing in mind. Laser skin resurfacing, CoolSculpting, Thermage, and Vanquish provide gradual results, which is a valuable quality for people who want to keep their cosmetic treatments discreet.
New York City’s Leading Dermatology Practice
As New York’s leading dermatology practice, Marmur Medical offers a complete suite of non-surgical options to renew your appearance and leave you feeling confident, refreshed, and loving your new look. Reach out to the Marmur Medical team today by calling us at 212-996-6900 or contact us online to schedule your private consultation. We look forward to meeting you soon!
NYC Leg and Hand Rejuvenation FAQs
While no aesthetic procedure can guarantee permanent results, Dr. Marmur has carefully chosen treatments that provide patients with long-lasting satisfaction. During your consultation, we can describe the details of each available leg and hand rejuvenation procedure to help give you more realistic expectations.
It may take a series of treatment sessions spaced a few weeks or months apart to see your desired appearance. We can give you a more accurate idea of your leg and hand revitalization timeline after meeting with you and learning more about your condition, goals, and treatment options.