We all know Botox®, Xeomin®, and Dysport® help diminish the appearance of wrinkles so that we can look younger and refreshed. But do you know what else these neuromodulators can do for you? Here are a few ways Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport can help you that aren’t related to wrinkles.
What Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport?
Neuromodulators like Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport are derived from botulinum toxin and are used to treat dynamic wrinkles that occur because of muscle movements, including frowning or squinting. Common examples of dynamic wrinkles are crow’s feet and frown lines between the eyebrows. Facial expressions, like frowning, scowling, concentrating, or squinting, make your muscles pull your skin into folds and lines.
Skin elasticity decreases with age, and wrinkles begin to form because of these repetitive muscle movements. Neuromodulators work by blocking the transmission of nerve impulses to the underlying muscles. As the muscle cannot contract, the wrinkle relaxes—an effect that lasts for several months.
What Other Issues Can Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport Address?
- For people who suffer from hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), even clinical- or prescription-strength antiperspirants often offer no relief from sweating. Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport can block the transmission of nerve impulses from reaching sweat glands to reduce significant sweating and embarrassment for up to 6 months. Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport can treat:
- For migraine sufferers, Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport treatments have been found to help prevent migraines before they start. When receiving Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport for migraines, many muscle areas are treated, depending upon your migraines, including:
- Bridge of the nose
- Back of the head
- Shoulder blades
- The Lip Flip is a non-surgical lip enhancement that injects Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport above the upper lip and the corners of the mouth. While a lip flip doesn’t add volume, it relaxes the lip muscles, allowing them to curl outward, giving the lips a plumper appearance and a more defined shape.
- Your skin will begin to sag as you age, and this includes the skin on your nose. Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport can help noses that have “hooked” due to age by treating the muscle that pulls the nose downward. By treating the nose, the entire face can appear more lifted.
- Many patients who grind their teeth can experience a widening of the jawline over time. Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport help soften the jawline and chin by shrinking the muscle. This can also make the cheeks appear fuller and more lifted.
- Don’t forget your neck. Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport can smooth the horizontal lines around your neck. Neck muscles can enlarge and protrude as we get older, but neuromodulators can also relax the banded or corded appearance of these muscles. These products can also help tighten jowls for a smoother jawline and neck.
- Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport treatments on the forehead can help reduce acne by curbing oil production. Treatment in this area often leads to less sweating at the hairline as well.
Choosing Marmur Medical—Your New York City Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport Experts!
Dr. Ellen Marmur, Dr. Rachel Maiman, Jennifer Schloth, PA, Lena Ladenheim, RN, and Shereena Singh, RN, continually seek out the newest, most effective skincare treatments and technologies. Boost your confidence with New York City’s best choice for Botox treatments!
Partner with New York City’s best Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport providers by contacting Marmur Medical online today.